Who We Are
Association of Workplace Educators is a collective group of subject matter experts, working across many industry sectors, providing a high level of adult education and training best practices. Our strength is our network of trained and established instructors. Through this network, we are solid in our ability to help organizations build capacity. Our education and training programs have a direct link to improving performance through the development of the skills and knowledge of organizational leaders and their employees. Working with corporate leaders, AWENS offers customized education and training programs, training needs assessments, instructional design and development, tutoring and coaching. The benefits of working with the AWENS network of trainers and instructors reach beyond the workplace, touching family and community life.
Founded in 1998, it was created using a consultative process with the intent to provide a support network for instructors working in workplace education settings.
AWENS – Association of Workplace Educators of Nova Scotia is registered under the Societies Act, as a non profit organization with the Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stock Companies, and was incorporated on October 22, 1999.
- creating professional development activities,
- responding to trends in the field of workplace education and
- representing the interests of workplace educators.
To promote excellence in the field of workplace education with a vision of a strong professional network of partners supporting workplace education and skill development.
- Collaboration with all sectors and regions of the province and with our partners at all levels
- Forward thinking, awareness of and responsiveness to workplace trends with all our partners
- Support of our membership by providing ongoing contact, networking opportunities and updates
- Commitment to initiatives that support our goals and incorporate our values into their projects