AWENS helps small businesses and corporations navigate government funding programs and opportunities across Atlantic Canada.
Canada Job Grants
The Canada Job Grants Programs for Nova Scotia (WIPSI), New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island are designed to encourage employers to invest in training to:
- Improve productivity
- Increase innovation and provide support with the introduction of new technology, machinery and equipment, or work processes that provide employees with transferable skills
- Upgrade skills
- Increase inter-provincial and international competitiveness
- Foster workplace diversity
Nova Scotia Workplace Education Initiative
The Nova Scotia Government offers employers and industries the opportunity to access support through the Workplace Education Initiative. This program provides education and training on a broad range of topics from Literacy and Essential Skills to Communication, Leadership and Academic upgrading. This program has been available to employers since 1989.
Workplace Education Programs are tailored specifically for each workplace to meet the needs of the employees in that workplace.
Key characteristics of the Nova Scotia Government’s Workplace Education Initiative programs are:
- Focus on developing essential skills needed for business success
- Content tailored to the needs of participants in the workplace
- All groups are represented in the planning and implementation of the program
- Each program has clear, measurable goals
- Small classes of 7 to 12 workers are generally held at the workplace during the workday
- Participants provide feedback during and after the program
- Individual progress and results are confidential
- Programs can range between 34-120 hours, delivered in 2, 3 or 4-hour sessions, continuing over several weeks or months
- Training is delivered by qualified and experienced instructors
Learn more about the Nova Scotia Workplace Education Initiative on its website. A series of videos introduces the program.
For more details on funding please contact: